Smack is an open source, highly modular, easy to use, XMPP client library written in Java for Java SE compatible JVMs and Android.
A pure Java library, it can be embedded into your applications to create anything from a full XMPP instant messaging client to simple XMPP integrations such as sending notification messages and presence-enabling devices. Smack and XMPP allows you to easily exchange data, in various ways e.g. fire-and-forget, publish-subscribe, between human and non-human endpoints (M2M, IoT, …).
More information are provided by the Overview.
Instructions how to use Smack in your Java or Android project are provided in the Smack 4.2 Readme and Upgrade Guide.
Only a few users have access for for filling bugs in the tracker. New users should:
- Read "How to ask for help or report an issue"
- Create a forums account (only e-mail is a requirement, you can skip all the other fields).
- Login to the forum account
- Press New in your toolbar and choose Discussion
- Choose the Smack Developers Forum of Smack and add the tag 'bug_report' to your new post
Please search for your issues in the bug tracker before reporting.
The developers hang around in
#smack (freenode, IRC) and
firstname.lastname@example.org (XMPP MUC room).
Remember that it may take some time (~hours) to get a response.
If you want to start developing for Smack and eventually contribute code back, then please have a look at the Guidelines for Smack Developers and Contributors. The guidelines also contain development quickstart instructions.
- Bug Tracker: https://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/SMACK
- JaCoCo Coverage Reports: https://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/smack/dailybuilds/jacoco/html/
- Nightly Builds: http://www.igniterealtime.org/downloads/nightly_smack.jsp
- Nightly Javadoc: http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/smack/dailybuilds/javadoc/
- Nightly Documentation: http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/smack/dailybuilds/documentation/
- User Forum: https://community.igniterealtime.org/community/support/smack-support
- Dev Forum: http://community.igniterealtime.org/community/developers/smack
- Maven Releases: https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases/org/igniterealtime/smack/
- Maven Snapshots: https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/igniterealtime/smack/
- Nightly Unique Maven Snapshots: https://igniterealtime.org/repo/
If you find Smack useful and feel like donating, then you can use one of the following systems:
- Donate via Flattr
- Donate via Bitcoin: 1D4k11bsPxRB6rS51fxDty8QYfRVUt5JMB
Ignite Realtime is an Open Source community composed of end-users and developers around the world who are interested in applying innovative, open-standards-based Real Time Collaboration to their businesses and organizations. We're aimed at disrupting proprietary, non-open standards-based systems and invite you to participate in what's already one of the biggest and most active Open Source communities.