||4 years ago|
|config||4 years ago|
|documentation||4 years ago|
|resources||4 years ago|
|smack-android||4 years ago|
|smack-android-extensions||5 years ago|
|smack-bosh||4 years ago|
|smack-compression-jzlib||4 years ago|
|smack-core||4 years ago|
|smack-debug||4 years ago|
|smack-debug-slf4j||4 years ago|
|smack-experimental||4 years ago|
|smack-extensions||4 years ago|
|smack-im||4 years ago|
|smack-integration-test||4 years ago|
|smack-java7||4 years ago|
|smack-jingle-old||4 years ago|
|smack-legacy||4 years ago|
|smack-omemo||4 years ago|
|smack-omemo-signal||4 years ago|
|smack-omemo-signal-integration-test||5 years ago|
|smack-repl||4 years ago|
|smack-resolver-dnsjava||4 years ago|
|smack-resolver-javax||4 years ago|
|smack-resolver-minidns||4 years ago|
|smack-sasl-javax||4 years ago|
|smack-sasl-provided||4 years ago|
|smack-tcp||4 years ago|
|.gitignore||5 years ago|
|.travis.yml||4 years ago|
|LICENSE||5 years ago|
|README.md||5 years ago|
|build.gradle||4 years ago|
|repl||5 years ago|
|settings.gradle||5 years ago|
|version.gradle||4 years ago|
Smack is an open source, highly modular, easy to use, XMPP client library written in Java for Java SE compatible JVMs and Android.
A pure Java library, it can be embedded into your applications to create anything from a full XMPP instant messaging client to simple XMPP integrations such as sending notification messages and presence-enabling devices. Smack and XMPP allows you to easily exchange data, in various ways e.g. fire-and-forget, publish-subscribe, between human and non-human endpoints (M2M, IoT, …).
More information are provided by the Overview.
Instructions how to use Smack in your Java or Android project are provided in the Smack 4.2 Readme and Upgrade Guide.
Smack is a collaborative effort of many open source, professionally and spare-time, paid and unpaid, contributors. While we try to provide the best possible XMPP library for Android and Java SE compatible execution environments by following state of the art software engineering practices, the API may not always perfectly fit your requirements. We welcome contributions and encourage discussion about how Smack can be further improved. We also provide paid services ranging from XMPP/Smack related consulting to designing and developing features in order to accommodate your needs. Please contact Florian Schmaus for further information.
Only a few users have access for filling bugs in the tracker. New users should:
- Read "How to ask for help or report an issue"
- Create a discourse account (you can also sign up with your Google account).
- Login to the forum account
- Press "New Topic" in your toolbar and choose the 'Smack Support' sub-category.
Please search for your issues in the bug tracker before reporting.
If you find Smack useful and feel like donating, then you can use one of the following systems:
- Donate via Bitcoin: 1LiU78z3498wu3jwRPKbvovKAHjTcpVbuK
- Donate via Flattr
The developers hang around in
#smack (freenode, IRC) and
firstname.lastname@example.org (XMPP MUC room).
Remember that it may take some time (~hours) to get a response.
If you want to start developing for Smack and eventually contribute code back, then please have a look at the Guidelines for Smack Developers and Contributors. The guidelines also contain development quickstart instructions.
- Current Readme: https://igniterealtime.org/projects/smack/readme
- Bug Tracker: https://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/SMACK
- JaCoCo Coverage Reports: https://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/smack/dailybuilds/jacoco/html/
- Nightly Javadoc: http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/smack/dailybuilds/javadoc/
- Nightly Documentation: http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/smack/dailybuilds/documentation/
- User Forum: https://discourse.igniterealtime.org/c/smack/smack-support
- Dev Forum: https://discourse.igniterealtime.org/c/smack/smack-dev
- Maven Releases: https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases/org/igniterealtime/smack/
- Maven Snapshots: https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/igniterealtime/smack/
- Nightly Unique Maven Snapshots: https://igniterealtime.org/repo/
Ignite Realtime is an Open Source community composed of end-users and developers around the world who are interested in applying innovative, open-standards-based RealTime Collaboration to their businesses and organizations. We're aimed at disrupting proprietary, non-open standards-based systems and invite you to participate in what's already one of the biggest and most active Open Source communities.